2011年3月21日月曜日

3rd day: March 13, Sun.

Power did not come yet. No water. No gas. Power came back for roughly half of households in Sendai that day. Many of our neibors, 5 minutes walk away, said they had power back, but we didn't.

After breakfast, we went to shopping. My older boy Sam and I joined a line for an ION super market, while Ken and Dan tried another shop. Those were 5 minute walk away.

Our line was very long. When we joined, more than 1,000 people were waiting.



I send Sam to check what we can buy. He said no water, no bread, no rice. Just some snacks, cola, diaper. So, I called Ken while I was staying in the line. He said his line was short and the shop looks good. Then, I gave up and tried to join him. When I reached him, he already finished his shopping. He bought water, fish sausages, instant noodle, snacks, strawbery, and so on. We were so lucky! YES! We punched the air.

After those shops, we tried another DIY shop. Ken wanted BBQ chacole, which we couldn't get. Their waiting line was not so long. About 200 people. 20 people were given shopping baskets and let in for 10 minutes. We bought one-time use chopsticks, cups, plates, and BBQ charcoal. Prices were not so high. Casher typed an register, so I asked her if their power was back, but answer was NO. They generated power by themselves.
While we were waiting, we saw a YAKINIKU BBQ reastrant building was collapsed.



After the shopping, we had nothing to do. Since I'm a self-employed translator, I usually work on my PC all day. The situation I don't access my acounts or chats for more than an hour was very strange to me. Aftershocks still occurred frequently. I read newspapers and some fashion magazines. I have many technical books which I am supposed to read as a translator, but I didn't want to read anything difficult. So, I picked up my boy's novels. Two junior high boys named Tom and Soya go off on adventures. It was fun. Boys read those books with me.

In the evening, a block association's car patroled our community, and announced that water is given at a fire station. So, we rashed to get there and filled a 20 litter bottle as well as three 2 litter bottles!

It became evening. No sign of power back, although we have been waiting for sound or sign. Ken gave up and started to build a fire. We ate instant noodles, bananas, and some snacks. Around 8 pm, it was dark and we couldn't see each other. Aftershocks in darkness was scary. My younger boy Dan didn't want to go to rest room by himeself, so Ken or I had to go with him. 

Toilet! No water means you can't flush what you did. We move water in the bath tub to the toilet once or twice a day. You can't flush every time one member did. You have to wait until 2 or 3 did. Uhhhhhhh....

At 9, we went to bed. We four set up four futons in the living room and slept together so that we can make sure everyone OK when next big earthquake comes. Also, if you sleep together, the room can get warmer.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム