2011年3月20日日曜日

2nd day - 2: March 12, Sat.

After the lunch, we had nothing to do. Ken went to the office to see what's going on. My boys went hang out with their friends. Without power, I had nothing to do. No computer. No internet. My mobile was running out of battery. So, I had to save the power to communicate with my parents, sister and friends who constantly ask if I and my boys were OK.

On March 12, we planned to go and see a movie. It was to start at 18:00. So, I wondered what if powear is back before 6 pm, although Ken and boys were gone. But my worry proved in vain. Around 3 pm, Ken was back. Around 5 pm, we found lights north. About 15 minutes drive away from here. We shouted for joy. Power should be back to us in a couple of hours!.... But it didn't come.

So, Ken made a fire with BBQ set for us. We poured hot water into the instant noodle cups which we bought yesterday. Our dinner was the noodle, banana, and snacks. We lit candles instead of lights. It was fun. My boys didn't know how to stand candles. Ken dripped several candle drops and then stand it onto those drops. Sam and Dan were surprised. I told them an old Chinese anecdote about candles.

"A young Chinese man was haunted by a spirit who looked old with long beard. The old spirint told him that he is going to die, because a short candle in front of him represents the length of his own life and the candle is going to run out. The young man looked at the candle in surprise, and broke a long candle next to his and added the broken one onto his. The old man smiled slyly, and told him that the long one is his son's who was just born."

My boys, especially, Dan was frightened. So adorable. We laughed. It was around 8 pm. Cold. We kept close each other. We went to bed before 9. We were tired because we couldn't had good sleep in the car except Dan :-)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム